Friday, October 6, 2017

TAKING ON A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

Whether it's an Alfa Romeo, Cadillac or BMW, who cares!!!  Besides soccer and music, he absolutely loved cars and loved driving them.  It devastated him when he could no longer drive and he has talked a lot over the last 2 years about his cars.  Yesterday I believe we hit the jackpot! I told him that I was going to rent him a wheelchair, so that we could take him on walks and wheel him around the malls.  He was dead against the idea but I went and got it anyway.  I took him for his first walk in it yesterday, just about killed myself in the process, as we live in a very hilly suburb........what a workout! He absolutely loved it and last night had such a grin on his face, he thought he had been driving his Alfa!!!!  Today I took him to the beach and he loved that even more.  This has opened up a whole new lease on life for him, especially as he thinks he is driving again.  On Sunday we are braving the mall and a night away and will take his new car for another ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment